Today I will show you how to download and install the Seamless 2 Pattern Utility plugin, this plugin will help hundreds of people speed up their workflows related to seamless patterns and textures.
About seamless 2 pattern utility plugin
Since a single interface would be way too overloaded. This led to the decision to build standalone panels for every use case, which can also be used independently from another. You could say that Seamless 2 is actually a bundle of 9 individual plugins. each with its own panel. Flawless pattern texture There are some challenges in working with some repetitive tasks. These 9 tools help you speed up the process, making your workflow more fun and efficient.
About Elements & Panels
The plugin tries to avoid collisions when assigning random positions and can even create copies or multiple versions for you in a single run. All settings (minimum and maximum values for random new values) can be easily adjusted.
Since Shuffle works with random values, the first run may not always give the desired result. A common workflow is random> undo> shuffle> undo etc. To save some time, you can also let the panel generate multiple versions in one run, which you can easily view and select from history snapshots.
The advanced settings control the randomness of the results. Just go to advanced settings and select minimum and maximum values for certain properties, select a specific color palette (rather than completely random colors) and more.
- Generate Offsets: Offsets all selected layers relative to the width and height of the canvas. You can apply a non-uniform offset by setting the orientation to 25%, 50%, or 75%. This will automatically enlarge the canvas by 200% or 400% (but you can turn it off) and the result will be a continuous pattern.
- Manually expand: If you want to offset the elements, but keep your original canvas borders, simply uncheck the option in the previous section. This section only provides handy buttons to quickly expand the canvas by 200% or 400%.
- Manually Offset: Do you want to manually shift the layer? The panel also has some tools to help with this. Simply specify the offset and click on one of the direction buttons. You can toggle whether to duplicate the layer in the flyout menu.
- Fix Overflow Fix all overflowing layers with one click. In other words, copy all the layers that touch the edge of the canvas to the opposite side (s). This ensures that the resulting image will be seamless. Unlike the recently added “Preview Patterns” feature in Photoshop, it doesn’t split layers apart and therefore also works with shapes and smart objects.
The interactive panel provides a real-time preview (representing a layer) that visualizes the effect of the result in a circle. When the offset is generated, the copy of the selected layer is shifted in all four directions. Therefore, you can move elements later without breaking the seamless layout.
- Remove outside: Destroy all layers that are outside the canvas (so invisible). It only affects layers that are completely outdoors and does not tip any layers that only touch the edges.
It becomes very easy to fill the canvas with the selected layer. It provides various options such as the gap, offset and origin of the repeated grid. However, you can also repeat the layer by a specified amount in the horizontal and vertical directions instead of filling the canvas. The plug-in has two modes, rasterization (fast) and layering (slower).
- Start at origin: If you uncheck this option, the layer will stay in place and repeat from there. Otherwise, the layer will move to the upper left corner before repeating the process.
- Fill available space: In addition to filling the canvas, you can also place a lot of columns and rows. By the way, if there is a selection active, the canvas will run based on the selection boundaries instead of the canvas boundaries.
- Auto-Scale: Automatically enlarge or shrink the original layer so that the repeated grid fits the width or height of the canvas completely. The calculation and scaling happen in advance (rather than on the entire grid), so the specified gap will remain unscaled.
- Spacing: Set the spacing between each column or each row. Input can handle unit values such as “25%”, “2 in”, and “30mm”. If you leave the unit, it will default to pixels.
- Offset: Indent a row or column by a certain percentage. When “Alternate Offset” is turned on, the offset will oscillate back and forth between the value and 0. Otherwise, the offset will increase steadily.
- Angle: Use the slider to select one of the available rotation angles. You may wonder why you cannot set any angle. This is because the underlying algorithm can determine the new canvas needed for the image to remain seamless. Not every angle of rotation can produce results that are still seamless.
- Scaling: Apply a reduction ratio to the image in advance to reduce the size after rotation. In the pop-up menu, you can activate the “Smart Zoom” function, which will apply the reduction ratio while keeping the image as a smart object. This will make the rotation slower, but you can enlarge it without losing quality (you can of course reach the original size).
- Additional Options:If you want to rotate by a negative angle or toggle layer merging, you can set these options in the flyout menu.
- Source image: If “Use selected layer” is turned on, the panel will blend the selected layers together (make sure it is exactly two). If you turn off this option, you can also select two images from the file system.
- Create frame: After activating this option, the panel will place two images in the frame. This allows easier replacement by drag and drop, so you can quickly exchange images.
Additional tip: After processing the two images, you can try different masks. Update the mask by clicking the button again or double-clicking the mask thumbnail.
In addition, there is a pop-up menu with more functions, such as fitting the layer to the canvas boundary (helpful when you replace one texture with another).
- Flatten image: Shortcut to quickly merge all layers into one background layer. This saves a few clicks and makes it easier to process the image between steps.
- Equalize color: Level out the color across the image using the average filter.
- Equalize light: Level out the light and contrast differences across the image using the Highpass filter. A more homogenous image is easier to make seamless.
- Turn edges inward: The most essential step to making a texture seamless is to make the seams visible.By applying a 50% offset to the image, the edges move inside and can then be fixed / patched in the next steps.
- Extend & mirror: Alternatively, you can also make the image seamless by mirroring it along all sides. This doesn‘t require any further steps, but can look visually unappealing.
- Auto-Patch: The panel has 3 auto-patch modes that try to remove the visible seams after turning them inwards. They all sample pixel information from the image and stamp over the critical areas in some way to fix it. You can add blur and displacement to make the edge of the patched areas blend in better.
- Cross Fill:Uses content aware fill on a cross-like shape.
- Fill & Blend: Uses content aware fill on an area around each quarter of the canvas.
- Mirror & Blend: Similar to Fill & Blend, but instead of content aware fill, it generates pixels by mirroring each quarter individually and then blending them together.
Just select an area of the texture without many repetitions and click the button – the panel will randomize the texture without leaving any marks of the patched areas, due to clever use of blur and displacement filters.
- Density: A value from 1-10 that determines how much of the original area will be patched up. Usually a density of 5-6 is enough to fill the whole image.
- Flip & rotate: Adding a random rotation and flip helps to break up the repetitions in the image. However, you can also turn this off for textures that follow a directional flow.
- Blend edge: By applying a blur or displace filter to each patch, they blend in nicely with the original texture, without leaving any undesired, hard edges inside the image.
How To Dowload & Istall Photoshop Seamless 2
- Download the zip file from the bottom of this page
- Extract the zip file once it has been downloaded.
- Inside the folder you fil will see
- inside the folder, you will see “seamless2_1.0.2.ccx” file
- Now right click on “seamless2_1.0.2.ccx” file and hover or on the 7-zip option and click on extract files
- Now you can see that a folder named “seamless2 1.0.2” has been created.
- Simply copy the “seamless2 1.0.2” folder and paste it in the location listed below.
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2022\Plug-ins
For a better understanding of the installation process, watch the video.