It can be frustrating when you make some changes to your audio settings and then suddenly find that all the music you listen to sounds different, or that your audio sounds muted. when you’re playing games or any of the many other issues related to audio settings in Windows 11. In this article, we will show you how to reset all audio settings in Windows 11 so that they return to their defaults, meaning that if your audio is sounding weird in Windows 11, here you will find the easiest solution for that.
It doesn’t happen often, but when it does, nothing’s more annoying than resetting your Windows audio settings back to their default values. Thankfully, resetting all audio settings in Windows 11 is easy and quick, so you won’t be waiting too long before you can listen to your favourite podcasts again. Here’s how it works!
No sounds on Windows 11? How to fix it? Reasons?
There are several possible causes for your Windows 11 no sound problem. Here are a few quick and easy fixes for the no sound problem in Windows 11.
- Audio Driver: Windows 11 sound problems can be triggered by old as well as damaged audio drivers. You can attempt to update your audio driver to check if that settles the condition.
- Audio Settings: Sometimes we accidentally make the mistake of turning the audio off in Windows 11 or keeping it otherwise muted. One can try to increase the audio volume in Windows 11 to see if that solves the problem.
- Hardware Issues: If you are still experiencing sound issues after attempting the aforementioned solutions, there may be a problem with your speakers; you may need to bring your computer to a handyman.
- Wires and cables: Look up your computer’s sound wires and connectors. Ensure that all sound wires are firmly connected and there are no faulty links.
Can resetting the pc fix Windows 11 sound issues?
When rebooting or resetting your computer, there is a good chance that your Windows 11 auditory troubles will be fixed. Although we recommend that you try the above-mentioned techniques before resetting your computer to fix the Windows sound problems, resetting your computer may be necessary in some cases. In addition, you should back up your computer’s files and data, as after resetting the PC, all files are wiped clean and deleted.
However, prior to resetting your PC, ensure that there is no easier answer to the audio problem. For instance, if you are experiencing issues with your earphones, ensure that they are correctly tuned in and consider an alternative set of headphones. If your loudspeakers are malfunctioning, try raising the intensity or using a unique combination of loudspeakers. If you continue to experience audio troubles after following these simple procedures, it may be best to reboot your computer.
How to reset all audio settings in Windows 11: Reset audio settings in all Windows versions
In this section of the article, we will see “how to reset all audio settings in Windows 11” as well as “how to reset the audio settings in all versions of Windows in easy steps.” Keep in mind that resetting the audio settings will definitely “reset” all the modifications that you might have made, either knowingly or unknowingly. Therefore, if there was any sound issue in your Windows 11 concerning the audio settings, it should be fixed, and if it isn’t, you can pretty much conclude the sound issue is not because of the audio settings.
- Enter “settings” in the search bar, then select the settings app.
- Click on the “sounds” or volume-related option that you now see.
- Locate the “Volume Mixer” option by scrolling down and selecting it.
- A new settings option will appear; click the “Reset” button when it appears.
Once you have followed all of the outlined steps, do proceed to check out your audio issue and see whether it’s been fixed or not. If it’s negative, read the other steps provided here.
How to Reset the Audio Driver in Windows 11
These are various methods to manage the audio driver, according to the circumstances:
- Attempt to roll back the audio driver if you recently updated Windows and since then the audio does not function or if you have been experiencing audio difficulties on your computer.
- Should sounds stop functioning altogether or if you started employing an unique music gear alongside your desktop, install a new audio driver.
- If you’re experiencing sound problems but haven’t recently upgraded your sound system or installed a driver patch, remove the audio driver. Once you have accomplished this, the default driver will be back, and hopefully, this will fix your sound issue with the driver in Windows 11.
- Try rebooting the device.
Info: After completing all of these steps, if there are no changes and the sound is not coming back or acting a bit weird. Go to the search box, type in “Device Manager,” then click on “Your Device Name,” after which, select action, thereby “Scan for hardware changes.”
How do I reset audio services in Windows 11?
Windows supports multiple sound-related services. One can reset such services when they are encountering sound issues in Windows 11 in terms of volume or sound qualities that are not usual.
- Go to the Windows search bar and type in “services” and open it.
- A list will come up; scroll down the list until you find “Windows Audio Endpoint Builder.”
- Right-click on the “Windows Audio Endpoint Builder” and select “Yes.”
How to manage sound settings in Windows 11
The audio experience in Windows 11 can be great, but not if your sound settings are all over the place. Whether you want to play music or video, listen to podcasts, or follow along with an online video tutorial, you’ll want to learn how to manage your sound settings so that you can get the best audio out of your system without interruption or static. In this guide, we’ll show you how to manage your sound settings in Windows 11 for the best audio experience possible.
In general, there are only a few ways to change your sound settings in Windows 11. Here are a few examples:
- Go to the search section and type “settings.”
- Click on the Windows +i button.
- Right-click on the “Start” button and choose “Settings.”
- Right-click on the sound icon in the Windows sidebar and choose “Sound settings.“
Just so you don’t get confused, these are 4 different ways one can go to the “sounds settings” in their Windows 11, thereby being able to manage the sound settings in Windows 11.
Once you have gotten into the “sound” section of the settings, you will be able to manage output devices, input devices, mic settings, volume mixers, and a whole lot more. There is also an advanced option where you will get even more options such as playback devices, sound themes, etc.
Here are examples of the available settings you can tweak for better sound on a pair of headphones:
- Balance: Equalize the left and right channel volumes.
- Enhancements: Turn on the headphone virtualization as well as the loudness equalisation that will eliminate the varying sounds. Furthermore, the background sounds will be even clearer than before.
- Advanced: In the advanced settings, tweak the sample rate as well as the depth of the sounds.
- Spatial sound: turn on the spatial sounds to experience a theatre-like feel.
Resetting all audio settings in Windows 11 may be necessary if you’ve lost your sound or changed the volume and want to restore it to its original state. This can also be useful if you’re experiencing problems with any of the audio devices connected to your computer, as one-by-one, you can restore each device’s settings without having to unplug it and plug it back in again. That’s exactly what we have shown in this article, which is, “How to reset all audio settings in Windows 11.” I hope everything works out for you, and if there are any other questions, do let us know down in the comment section.
Frequently asked questions?
q1. How to reset all audio settings in Windows 11 and 10?
Do you want to know “How to reset all audio settings in Windows 11 and 10?” Read the article and follow the steps.
q2. Windows 11 sound settings not opening
Is your Windows 11 sound setting not opening? Read the article and find different ways to manage your sound settings in Windows 11.
q3. Windows 11 no audio output
Are you getting no audio outputs in Windows 11? Read the article and find “How to manage the audio settings in Windows 11.”
q4. How to fix the sounds on Windows 11?
Do you wish to fix the sounds on Windows 11? Well, there are different ways one can accomplish this; the easiest ones are listed in this post.
q5. How do I reset all my audio in Windows 11?
Is your audio not working in Windows 11? Do you want to reset all the audio settings in Windows 11? Read the article and find simple hacks to go about that.
q6. Why is my audio weird on Windows 11?
Is your audio acting weird in Windows 11? It might be because of some wrong settings you have activated on your windows. Don’t worry, though; it can be fixed by resetting all the audio settings in Windows 11 that we have written about in this article.
q7. How do I reinstall sound drivers in Windows 11?
Do you want to uninstall or reinstall the audio drivers in Windows 11? Read the article and follow the guidelines.