Bluestack is a powerful application that allows you to virtualize and run Android applications on your computer, giving you access to a wide range of apps and features that can be used for both work-related and leisure activities. Many folks have encountered some issues, such as not having access to geo-restricted contents, such as apps & games; hence the article. In this article, we’ll see how to change proxy IP settings in BlueStack with different methods.
Configuring proxy ip settings in BlueStack is an easy process in and of itself, although it can manifest itself as confusing if you’ve never done it before. That’s why here in this post, we’ve outlined different methods anybody can follow in order to change proxy ip settings in BlueStack.
What is BlueStack? Can we change the proxy IP settings in BlueStack?
Bluestack is an innovative, cloud-based platform that allows users to access their favorite Android and iOS apps on their computer. It works by allowing the apps to run in a virtual machine environment, enabling users to interact with their apps as if they were on a mobile device. It is simple and easy to use, with minimal setup required for the user. Bluestack enables users to both download and play mobile games from their computer and also provides access to many of the other features available on mobile devices, such as push notifications, chat services, mapping tools, and more.
BlueStacks Systems Inc. is an American company that was founded in 2009 and developed the BlueStack program that enables Android applications to operate on Windows. BlueStack is regarded as one of the finest virtual machines for running Android applications because of its credibility and dependability, despite the fact that there are a number of Windows applications comparable to BlueStack.
As for the question of whether we can change the proxy ip settings in BlueStack, the answer is a simple yes, although we’d recommend you keep in mind that some of the methods may work or may not work for you. That’s why attempting each method will for sure assist you in configuring proxy ip settings in BlueStack.
What is a proxy server and how does it help BlueStack?
A proxy server is a computer that acts as an intermediary between your device and the Internet. It can be used to improve security, protect privacy, access restricted websites and services, or bypass censorship. It works by intercepting requests sent to the target server and forwarding them on the user’s behalf. The proxy server then receives the response from the target server and forwards it back to the user. In this way, a proxy server can be used as a layer of protection between you and your data being exposed online.
Using a proxy server brings numerous benefits to individuals and organizations alike. It can help safeguard user data, increase online privacy, improve network security, and reduce network latency. Additionally, a proxy server can provide access to web content that may otherwise be unavailable due to geographic or other restrictions. A proxy server can also help improve the speed and reliability of web browsing by caching frequently visited websites for quicker access. All in all, a proxy server is an invaluable tool for those looking for increased security, privacy, and reliability from their internet connection.
How to change proxy IP settings in BlueStack? Configuring proxy IP settings in BlueStack
Changing proxy IP settings in BlueStack is no brainer; one just needs to have some idea & experience regarding this. Luckily, here we’ve shared a step-by-step guide for you to accomplish this.
- Initially, launch the BlueStacks software and select “Settings” from the menu that appears on the top.
- Subsequently, go to the “Preferences” section and then click on “Network.”
- There should be an option to change the proxy IP settings in BlueStack; one can select either the system proxy configuration or manual configuration for HTTP & HTTPS protocols.
- Should one choose manual proxy configuration, they’ll need to type in the server address as well as the port number.
- Once the settings are completed, simply click on the save button and restart the BlueStack software. The BlueStack proxy IP settings should be changed.
This is one of the best methods to change proxy ip settings in BlueStack, although do remember that the above method may not work on the occasion you’re operating certain versions of BlueStack, e.g., 5, 10, etc. In that case, attempt the other methods outlined here.
Apply Windows Command Prompt
- Launch the BlueStack software.
- Click on Windows+R; the command prompt will be launched.
- Type in “CMD” and hit the enter key.
- Switch it to the BlueStacks program directory.
- Run this code: HD-ConfigHttpProxy.exe
- Now, in order to change proxy IP settings in BlueStack, apply this command:
- In this command, remember to put in the <host> <Port> addresses.
This is the straightforward process that you can take in order to change proxy IP settings in BlueStack. Assuming everything goes well, restart the BlueStack software, and the proxy IP will have been changed.
Apply Proxifier Through BlueStack
Proxifier Is A Popular Piece Of Software That Assists In Connecting Network Software That Doesn’t Support Proxy Servers. On The Occasion That The Above-Mentioned Methods Didn’t Work, Applying Proxifier Might Help In Changing Proxy IP Settings In BlueStack.
- Download and install the proxifier software, launch the software, select “Profile” and then click on “Proxy Servers.”.
- Click on the “ADD” button, then go ahead and fill in the details such as the proxy server, host, IP addresses, port number, protocol type, etc.
- Once the proxy server is added within the software, now you’ll need to click on “PROFILE” and then select the target applications, then add the application, naturally search, and select BlueStack.
- Once the complete setup is done away with, simply save the changes by clicking the “Okay” button.
Restart both the proxifier as well as the BlueStack software once the setup is done. You should be able to change proxy IP settings in BlueStack and access all the websites and other contents you want.
How to check whether proxy IP settings in BlueStack have changed?
If you are using a proxy to access the internet, it is important to verify that it is functioning correctly and securely. Checking if your proxies are working correctly will help ensure that your connection is safe and secure, and that you can use them for their intended purpose. There are a few simple methods you can use to determine if your proxies are functioning properly, including checking the status of your IP address and running performance tests on them.
For example, one of the most straightforward ways to check out whether the proxy IP settings in BlueStack have been changed is to simply attempt to access a website in BlueStack that otherwise might be blocked. On the occasion that the geo-restricted website is open to your BlueStack software, it indicates the proxy IP settings in BlueStack have been changed successfully.
And one more example would be to search out websites that verify your device’s current IP addresses; for instance, if you’re connected to a USA IP, then the IP checker website should show the USA instead of your real IP; this way, you’d know the proxy address in BlueStack is working.
BlueStack proxy IP settings in BlueStack not changing on MACOS due to DNS
Many MACOS users have encountered the error while trying to change proxy IP settings in BlueStack on the MACOS device. Unfortunately, MACOS has different DNS, due to which the proxy IP in BlueStack doesn’t work. Not accessing several websites is one of the most common errors. Do not worry, though here we have shared various methods anybody can apply to change proxy IP settings on BlueStack on MacOS.
Verify your network configurations to confirm everything is done correctly. Changing the network adapter settings or DNS address might need to be done mechanically.
On the occasion that the above-mentioned method doesn’t work, attempt resetting the DNS cache & configuration by applying the terminal command “sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder”. This way, the DNS cache will be cleared, and an internet connection should be established in BlueStack.
Moreover, one of the best methods to clear any DNS server issues on BlueStack MacOS is simply downloading & installing the VPN software, since any VPN service can easily clear out local DNS issues.
In case the above-mentioned methods don’t work for you, simply try contacting the BlueStack support team for more viable assistance. Furthermore, try out the below method to see if that works.
- Open BlueStack
- Open the launchpad.
- Search “Terminal” in the search box and open the software
- Put this in the command terminal:
- If the given command has been put forward correctly, this message should appear:
/Applications/BlueStacks.app/Contents/MacOS/confighttpproxy set <host> <port>
- In order to add a new proxy IP address, type this command:/Applications/BlueStacks.app/Contents/MacOS/confighttpproxy set
- In the <host> <port> boxes, copy-paste the desired IP addresses as well as port numbers.
- If all the steps have been followed correctly, this message should pop up: HTTP proxy server was successfully added. Please restart BlueStacks.
Your proxy IP settings in BlueStack have been changed now; simply restart the BlueStack software now and everything should work steadily.
Bluestack Is For Sure One Of The Best Software’s That Allows A Windows Or Mac To Run Android Or IOS Applications On Them. Unfortunately, Changing The Proxy IP Settings In BlueStack Is Not So Easy The First Time Around, Although With A Bit Of Practice It’s As Easy As Pie.
Changing proxy ip settings in BlueStack can help you in a number of ways, such as access to geo-restricted websites and various applications. Privacy and security are, of course, equally important. We hope that following the article you’ve been able to change proxy ip settings in BlueStack without much trouble. In case there are still some questions left, do leave them out in the comments box.